Smoothies are super easy once you get the hang of them. The key is to balance the frozen stuff and the liquids to get the perfect consistency. If you want to off-road it and make your own mixes, check out my ultimate smoothie guide.
If you're in need of some smoothie inspo, however, look no further. This Green Glow Smoothie is bright, refreshing, and truly makes you feel like a healthy fit person no matter what else you've eaten today (or how many episodes of The Office you've watched without moving).
The recipe below is for one serving (or two smaller servings). All measurements and ingredients can be tweaked to fit your preferences. You can easily replace the mango with frozen peaches, pineapple, or any other light-colored frozen fruit to maintain the desired green color. The orange juice is completely optional, but adds a bright, citrus flavor to the smoothie.
Pro tip: start with less water than you think, and add more until you reach the desired consistency.
Don’t worry if you have a low-budget blender, this is the blender I’ve used for years to make thick, creamy smoothie bowls.
Green Glow Smoothie
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, packed tightly
- 1/2 cup frozen mango, cubed
- 1 splash of freshly squeezed orange juice (approximately 1/8 cup)
- 1/4 cup water (add just enough to get it blending)
1. Add all ingredients to blender and blend.
2. Serve immediately in a cup or bowl. Garnish with nuts and seeds as desired. I used chia, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds.