it's the middle of the week right before the holiday season really kicks off.
let's keep this short and sweet.
how to make veggie fried rice:
- this recipe is only fast and easy under one condition: you already have leftover cooked, cold rice (or quinoa, etc.) in the fridge
- there are no amounts listed because this is a throw together dish - put whatever you have in it
- takes 20 minutes max
- okay here it is:
saute onions down in oil of choice (~7 min) + carrots (~4 min) + frozen peas and minced garlic (1 min) + cold cooked rice (3 min) + shake of low sodium soy sauce - mix it up
make a well in the middle + splash of oil + scramble some eggs in it
turn the heat off + tiny bit of sesame oil + sliced green onion
eat all of it and smile because it rivals your fave takeout
why it's good:
- brown rice = fiber + complex carbs = keeps you full, no blood sugar spike
- colorful veggies (yes, white is a color in this case) = powerful phytonutrient goodness
- egg = high-quality protein
when you have the mental capacity to meal plan, this is a great meal to cook a huge batch of and eat all week.