I am a firm believer in making your own salad dressings. They're super quick and easy to make, plus you are in control of every ingredient that goes in it! This recipe is the best, because it can be tweaked endlessly depending on what flavors you're craving.
This vinaigrette is tangy, fresh, and tastes great on anything. Seriously, I even ate some on my steak last night and floated up to tastebud heaven.
Whipping up this salad dressing takes about three minutes, depending on how fast you can mince, measure, and mix.
Best Ever Easy Salad Dressing
Makes enough for a side salad for about 5 people
- 1/4 cup vinegar (any kind: rice wine, apple cider, etc.)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons mustard (again, any kind; I typically use Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium bowl, mix together vinegar, garlic, mustard, and sugar.
2. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking with a fork or whisk to emulsify. You are done when the oil does not separate from the rest of the dressing.
What's your favorite take on this recipe? Let me know in the comments! My current favorite combination is red wine vinegar + dijon - so tasty!